Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sometimes the stars align



The current major project on the bench right now is 8 coaches and head end cars for the Milwaukee Road.
They are a mix of older Branchline kits and NKP  Car Co kits.
The paint scheme is rather striking. Brown roof, orange sides with a vermilion band across the top of the sides. Something like this;

2 of the cars are actually sleepers and those particular cars, the window sashes were brass on the exterior. All of which makes for a bit of a challenge for masking.
So yesterday I set myself down to tackle what I expected to be a rather tedious task. Masking 74 windows. I grabbed the roll of 10 mm wide Tamiya masking tape and TA DA, the windows are mostly 10 mm high. The gods were smiling upon me for sure






Not having to cut the tape to the correct height saved a considerable amount of time, the whole job took less than 2 hours to complete.
The vermilion is now applied and curing, orange in a couple of days

No comments: