Monday, October 17, 2016

It's that time of year again!

This week is the RPM Conference-Chicagoland.
This annual event, which has been known by a few names, Naperville, Lisle, etc, is now under the stewardship of Mike Skibbe. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing how he does his first time around.
But more important to me, is the friends I'll be seeing and the new friends I expect to be making. Even though we model railroaders tend to do our work in basements out of public view, the camaraderie of like minded modelers can go a long way to re-energize the creative juices. And discussing current projects can serve to inspire, if not help solve problems.
I've yet to have a bad time at this Granddaddy of the all the RPMs, and I fully expect to come home this coming Sunday full of the same sentiment.
If you're going, be sure to say "Hi."

No comments: