Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Product News






For the last couple of days I've been assembling 3 preproduction samples of, what is for me, a very exciting resin kit. A Wabash 15000 series stock car. 400 of these cars were created when the Wabash rebuilt some of their 40000 series single sheathed autocars.
Aaron Gjermundson of Northern Specific Models created the patterns for these cars and they are exquisite. The Z bracing features correct undercuts, rivet detail is all there and the ladder stiles are perfect. There are still a couple of minor details to flesh out before these cars are in production, but availability in the summer is expected.
You can view these prepoduction samples at the Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby Show, January 28 & 29, 2012. I will be there with these cars and many examples of the work I do. Look for me in the Mallary Building, Section 155, table C.
I'll be happy to chat.

No comments: