Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A change is as good as a rest.

So they say. Whoever they are...
I have done nothing model train related for the last 2 weeks, following my return from Springfield, with the notable exception of getting pads of Form 19 and Form 31 printed in preparation for an operations session here next month.
In large part due to work at the Budweiser Gardens in London. 5 days with Disney on Ice, a day each with Elton John, Bare Naked Ladies and Jason Aldean. It all adds up and takes it's toll. Not as young as I used to be. It takes a little longer to bounce back from the 18 hour work days than it used to.
But the break from the modeling bench has been good, yesterday I was back down there and it feels a little fresh.
Sunday I was at the annual meet at Copetown, Ont, and hooked up with some old friends. And came away with a couple of assignments. I can't really say much about them at this time, more as the projects advance.
The other good news is that I'm now restocked on the PFE replacement stirrups and when I get back from Port Huron later today I'll be able to address much of the back orders I have on kits. We've fixed the issues we had with casting, I hope, and I'd like to thank those who have been waiting for their patience.
As my good friend Bill Schaumberg says, " Onward!"

No comments: