Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Coincidence?

Today, on Yahoo STMFC, my friend Bill Welch, started a thread on the history of Prototype Modeling. Among the many things he wants to discuss is the original resin kit makers. People like Al Westerfield, Dennis Storzek and Steve Funaro. All of whom have made a great contribution to the hobby.
It's intriguing to me since today, I just finished building and painting a pair of original Storzek kits for a client. These Rutland kits are classics by any definition.





While the actual resin is the old epoxy compounds, the pattern work done in the mid 80's remains some of the best modeling ever produced. These old Storzek kits are a delight to work on.
I'd also like to mention that I have a few of the Rutland Car Shops stock car kits available. Feel free to contact me if you'd like one.

No comments: