Saturday, March 7, 2015

There's just something about...

The AT&SF steam era freight car paint job that so works for me.

It's a muddy kind of oxide red with black anti-skid roof treatment. And for me it's plain delightful to look at.
I just finished these four cars for a client, some of the last efforts that'll come out of this workshop. Four classic Westerfield kits that are always a delight to build.
The more astute among you will note the funny accoutrements on the roof of 2 of the cars.
At the clients request I added cement loading hatches to 2 of the cars based upon some prototype photos that were supplied to me. Makes for a nice difference.
The colour was mixed from Scalecoat boxcar red #2 by adding 2 teaspoons of white to a full one oz bottle. Looks real good to me.
Weathering will be left to the client at his request. The cement hatches present lots of options.

2 comments:

David Schroedle said...

Nice job, I also like building this type of resin kit, what did you use for your roof treatment ?

Dave Schroedle

Pierre Oliver said...

The roof is simply painted Grimy black