Yes it's been one of those days.
I've been working on four S scale cabooses for a couple of guys. Nice kits and they look pretty good once they're done.
I had hoped to get decals on the 2 NYC cabooses today. The gods had other plans for me.
In fact I had hoped to start decaling the NYC cars yesterday, but when I opened the envelope from the client that contained the decals, much to my surprise they were old CDS dry transfers. So I had to apply a coat of flat finish to the car before proceeding.
We let that dry overnight.
This morning, upon closer examination, I realized that the decals were not in a sealed plastic bag, which can be terminal for dry transfers. They can dry out very quickly and become near impossible to apply. But the first bit of lettering went on reasonably well, with a little extra rubbing.
Awesome! Turn the car over and lets do the other side. A little rubbing and lo and behold the paint is lifting off of the resin. Grumble.
Alright then. Plan B. Repaint the car and apply the dry transfers onto decal film. Which in retrospect I should have done in the first place.
While that's all drying lets turn our attention to the CNR caboose that needs final assembly. Delicate ladders, fiddly end railings, window glazing, etc. After a few hours we're done.
Put it on the shelf and let the owner know that his cars are ready.
Lets turn our attention to other projects.
While assembling some Sunshine Models boxcars, I get this niggly feeling in the back of my head.
I look over at the CNR caboose that was just done;
Take a minute and it might come to you.
The herald is supposed to be under the cupola.
Holy Crap Cakes, Batman!
Fortunately, I had only used Canopy Glue to secure the roof in place, so it came off fairly easily, with no damage to the ladders.
All better now;