Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Onto Delhi!

I had a surprise windfall come to me yesterday.
A friend sent me a gift of some cash. Told me to do whatever I wished with it.
So I bought some lumber and made sawdust.
And out of that came the initial bit of benchwork for the town of Delhi.
The station and such will occupy the area just in front of the cordless drill.
The modeled portions of the town will include the usual suspects, coal dealer, stock pen, freight house, etc.
The signature structure and source of much traffic will be the tobacco warehouses.
I'm certainly not going to have room for all those metal store houses, so I'm going to concentrate on the curtain wall style structure that you see here.
The next step is determine just how big of a plant I can incorporate into the layout space.
It's all a bit of a juggling act. And part of the fun.




No comments: