Saturday, February 4, 2017

Roundhouse roof

Today I managed to check off another annoying task.
I added roofing material to the St Thomas roundhouse.
The annoying part of the task was my own fault. I didn't really think through the consequence of waiting so long to actually apply the roofing material. The end result being that I spent a few hours reaching across the layout to lay the material in place.
Great for stretching the hamstrings though!
I used  Minuteman Scale Models rolled roofing product for the roofing material. The peel and stick aspect made the job much more pleasant and the product comes in a large variety of designer colours. The sheet is cut into scale 3' widths, which meant I had to draw many lines across the roof panels 2'9" apart. Again, a task that was easy enough on the 2 loose roof panels, but the small bits that were built in place were a bit tricky.
But I poked away at it, taking breaks as my back suggested and the task was completed. A little touchup paint as well as gluing the 2 pair of open doors into place and voila!
Smoke jacks are now the next item on the roundhouse list. Maybe next week.



No comments: