Monday, May 7, 2018

It maybe my layout...

But Trevor writes about it so much better!

http://themodelrailwayshow.com/LayoutDesign/?p=3738

Might have something to do with the fact that he is a professional wordsmith.
At any rate, Trevor describes much of the thought processes and activity that as lead to the current state of the layout.
Since Trevor's visit, ties are all in in Clovis and about half is ballasted.
Scenic Express #50 Light Gray Ballast.
I'm really liking the colour and the fine texture. Wish I'd used this fine stuff before. Looks much better.
Still racking my brain thinking about how to best replicate the grassy California look. Many options to consider

1 comment:

Trevor said...

I see you're also mocking up some of the kits - is that a warehouse on the right?
Nice work on the ballasting. And you'll figure out that grassy look. Maybe you'll have to make some more visits to SoCal. The Orange Empire Railroad Museum is worth a visit...
- Trevor