Thursday, April 16, 2020

The last Tie!


He said hopefully.


The last of the ties have been glued down in what will be Pinedale and the CalCot warehouse facilities. This is a major leap forward that I was not expecting to be able to achieve until the end of the current Zombie Apocalypse.
I was in need of one more sheet of Homasote to finish the benchwork and the company I buy Homasote from closed their doors the day I called to arrange pickup. I was fully expecting to have to wait months to be able to continue moving forward, when my new best friend, Robin Talukdar(aka Mr Murder) contacted me, letting me know he had some large pieces to spare.
So I leapt into the van on Monday and made my way to Robin's and came home with plenty of Homasote. So grateful Robin, thanks again.
Today it'll be tie staining and ballasting.
If I get the time, I have 4 turnouts to build and we'll be laying track. Might have that task done by the weekend.
This is going to be a neat scene once I get the warehouses sorted out.
Stay safe everyone.

No comments: