As the photos will attest, great progress on the trio of CPR vans.
Interiors painted. Who doesn't love that nasty, nasty green?
And the bodies and cupolas fully assembled
To be able to fully assemble the cupolas, the sliding sash had to be glazed before it was sandwiched within the laminations.
For this project, at the request of one of the clients, I decided to try glazing the windows with microscope slide covers.
The slide covers and the diamond tipped scriber were acquired easily off of Amazon, and delivered in such record time.
I had discussed the process of cutting the glass with my pal Trevor and I went for it.
I have to say I'm a convert.
The process is easy and the results are stunning.
The key is a very clean work surface under the glass being cut and to make one pass only with the scriber. The glazing was secured in place using Microscale Crystal Clear as an adhesive
Nothing looks like glass, other than glass.
There will be a lot more of this in my future.
Now for the brass frames, and all the fiddly bits underneath