Sunday, December 24, 2023

Stop the Presses

 More like stop the model making.

Overnight it was pointed out to me that the domes on the winecar look out of proportion to the prototype photo.


And I realized that the individual was right.
The model domes are far too large.
I had been sent dimensions that are now clearly incorrect.
I had been told the domes were 48" in diameter, but I now believe that they are closer to 40".
An object lesson in tunnel vision. We were so excited to have figured out the underframe along with finding a feature in Solidworks that allowed us to make the dome collars in 5 minutes, that we didn't see what was right in front of our faces.

So it's a couple of steps back and try again
If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!


1 comment:

Fred S said...

Perhaps the measurements are of a different car. Look on Gene's page. https://myp48.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/cdlx-335-6-is.jpg
Fred Swanson