Friday, October 11, 2013

Power to the Pan Pastels!

I love my Pan Pastels!


These three cars were all weathered with various colours of the Pan Pastels weathering sets. I did also use the airbrush for spraying the black oil and crud all over the underbody and onto the side sills, but everything else is Pan Pastels.
Cleaner and easier to use than chalks. Super easy to control.
The packaged sets also include applicators, but I've taken to using flat  artists brushes for finer control.
I will continue to play with this medium and see what else I can do, weathering effect wise. I'll still be using the airbrush and oils, but this product just can't be beat for ease of use and the end result.

Now next Tuesday I leave for the annual RPM in Lisle/Naperville.  Wednesday will be spent operating on Bill Darnaby's spectacular Maumee Route. Very much looking forward to that! Hope I remember all the rules. Thursday and Friday I'll take in clinics as well as deliver my own. Saturday I'll be setup in the sales room with my new kits and my other products from Yarmouth Model Works.
And of course much time will be spent reconnecting with friends.
This event is one of the high points of the year for me. Just entirely too much fun.
Maybe we'll see you there.


No comments: