Friday, February 14, 2014

Tools of the Trade

Step by step, I'm getting closer to being ready for a proper TT&TO operations session here.
I just picked these up from the printer.
Can't run a pre-radio railroad without them!
Along with the actual timetable, these are the tools the despatcher uses to control train movements in the territory he as authority over. And it was a small adventure getting these things.
First a big thanks to Trevor Marshall who actually did the graphic work for the forms.
I first went to my local business printing service here in town to try and get the custom work done. Because I was asking for "carbonless copy paper" their default approach was to try and sell me modified invoice forms. They couldn't get it through their heads that I needed an entire pad of one colour of paper.
So I went into London and spoke to a commercial printer who actually has a number of printing machines in his shop. Piece of cake for him and half the price of the others.
And, bonus round, I now understand how carbonless copy paper works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too!

It's magic.

gary