Monday, February 23, 2015

Still at it.

All be it a little slower than I'd prefer.
These 4 hoppers are now done and in the mail to the client.
You first saw these in an earlier post, http://elgincarshops.blogspot.ca/2015/02/another-modeling-debate.html.
The process was interrupted by a week of working the touring show Jersey Boys, which came through town and ate up more time than I thought it was going to.
I weathered them this morning, after the flat finish had some time to cure. I used Pan Pastels inside and out on these cars and am quite pleased with the results.
One of the nice things about the Pan Pastels, is that by their very nature, the application engenders a certain randomness that I'm looking for in weathered cars, while retaining a colour palette.
I highly recommend the 2 weathering sets from Pan Pastel. One is a series of grey tones and the other rust tones. Easy to use, easy to adjust and awesome results. If you don't want to pay for the full sets, try one of the rust colours on it's own. You won't be sorry.
The move is getting closer. We went appliance shopping yesterday. And I found work cabinets at Home Depot, cheaper than at Ikea. What is this world coming to?

No comments: