Thursday, July 14, 2016

Chipmunk Wars after action report

I'm pleased to report that it has been 5 days since I've heard the pitter-patter of tiny feet on my basement ceiling.
I am declaring victory in this latest skirmish with the little beggars.
And in separate but related incident, we had a chipmunk being overly curious about our garage and it's contents. My wife and I startled it one day while we were in and out of the garage and he scampered down the floor drain.
I was convinced he was on the way to the septic tank.
We finished our business in the garage and closed the doors. 2 days later I came into the garage to discover a chipmunk in the window trying to get out. The little beggar was relieved when I opened the door for him. 2 days without food or water will alter your thinking about investigating garages, I guess.
And, of course, in fine chipmunk fashion, once he got outside, he turned and scolded me as only chipmunks can.

No comments: