Monday, October 19, 2015

Naperville, Ho!

Actually it's Lisle, but who's counting?
Tomorrow morning it's into the van and a drive across Michigan to the suburbs of Chicago. For the 22nd Naperville Prototype Modelers Meet.
This annual event is a high light for me. I get to see and chat with friends that I've made over the years attending this fine event.
I'll be operating on 2 fantastic layouts as well. Bill Darnaby's Maumee Route and Robert Hanmer's GN/DMIR/SOO layout.
I've operated on Bill's layout before and it's always a treat. A tad stressful but well worth it. There's a lot going on and I still consider myself a novice with TT&TO operations. I live in fear of making a mistake there.
Robert's layout will be a whole new experience for me. I have no idea what to expect.
And of course there's the clinics and the bar.
Lots to do.
See you when I get home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy Bob's layout immensely. While there, complain about the lack of an NW5(he is sending it to me for painting this weekend, using another modeler as a courier)
Enjoy,
Joe Binish

Rich S said...

I too can vouch for a great experience operating Bob's GN; I operate there semi-regularly myself. All of the operating positions are enjoyable; the coveted one is the Grand Rapids Switch Job working the paper mill.