Sunday, May 12, 2019

Wandering down Tulare Ave

What we have here is another 40' of mainline and associated trackage laid in place.
Within a few days the main will be laid around the 180 degree curve behind the camera and the last stretch down the other side of the peninsula can be worked on, which will result , finally, in the ends getting connected.
The major visual feature of this side of the peninsula is the street running the line takes down the middle of Tulare Ave.
The 2 long strips of styrene are the beginnings of the roadway.
In the model it will terminate where the styrene ends in the foreground and it will extend away from the camera for about another 12 real feet once I'm done.
This is the kind of thing I'm going for;
I gave a lot of thought as to how I was going to tackle the roadway, and I'll be doing a full blog post on the process once I'm further along and confident that I'm having success.
If I'm not running trains by the end of the summer, I'll have done something wrong!


No comments: