Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I really like,

The way that reefers evolve as they get finished.
It's fussy, fidgety work, that really rewards the efforts.
With multi-colour cars like this I add as much detail as I can on the flat cast sides and then paint the components before assembling the box. It saves me a lot of masking and the parts usually separate at the colour separation lines.
The cars really start to pop when the hardware gets painted. There's something about reefer door hinges.
With these cars I also did something I've not yet done before. Open ice hatches. At the clients request all the hatches are open and resting upon the hardware. I like the look.
I also took care to paint the actual plugs to represent canvas as I believe that canvas was used on the plugs.
Now for decals.
Stay tuned.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm happy to see you doing something you love,
Wendy S